SRI Criminal Procedural Research and Combating Corruption of KazHLU is the first Scientific Research Institute in the Republic, the subject of scientific interest of which covers a wide range of topical problems of criminal procedural law of the country and practices of application.
The Institute’s extensive research contribute to the successful implementation of the state program of modernization and reform of the judicial system of criminal procedure legislation, including the development of the new draft Code of Criminal Procedure of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Another important activity of the SRI is a comprehensive study of the existing anti-corruption policy of the country, revealing its weaknesses and gaps in regulation, development of effective methods for combating corruption based on analysis of advanced global trends, facilitating their introduction into practice.
Established in 2012 SRI criminal procedural research and anti-corruption functions as part of the Academy of Fundamental and Applied Sciences named after S. Zimanov of KazHLU.
Famous scientist, Doctor of Juridical science, professor, author of over 150 scientific publications, including the country’s first comment to the Criminal Procedural Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Staff of SRI are prominent scientists protsessualists, criminologists, legal practitioners with extensive experience of research and teaching.
Borchashvili Isidore Shamilovich – Doctor of Juridical science, Professor, Academician of the Kazakh National Academy of Science. Author of Comments to the Criminal Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan (1999, 2000, 2003, 2007), has more than 100 scientific publications, including more than 10 monographs.
Kassimov Akyltay Akhmedzhanovich – Doctor of Juridical science, associate professor. Has more than 50 scientific publications, including monographs and textbooks.
Vitaly Khan – candidate of Juricdical science, associate professor. Author of about 60 scientific publications, including monographs and textbooks, authorized by Training Section on specialty group “Law”. “Associate Professor of the Year” Kazakh Humanitarian Law University (2011). Author of the best textbook in 2012 on specialty group “Right.”
Kossybayev Zhanat Zkryevich – Candidate of pedagogical sciences, Associate Professor. Leading expert in the field of legal pedagogy, pedagogy of the high school, extreme pedagogy. Author of more than 50 scientific articles, textbooks and teaching materials.
Bektibayeva Olga – doctoral PhD Kazakh Humanitarian Law University. He has more than 20 scientific publications, including publications and abroad. “Employee of the Year” Kazakh Humanitarian Law University (2012).
The staff of SRI of criminal procedural research and combating corruption carry out in a professional manner:
– Organization and holding of special courses, refresher courses on topics of the Institute for civil servants, private sector representatives, masters and PhD of KazHLU;
– publication of scientific articles in national and international scientific journals;
– Preparation and publication of educational, instructional and monographic literature;
– Expert activities on drawing up opinions on draft legal acts, including conceptual character;
– Work as part of inter-agency working group on the draft laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
– Membership in the non-governmental organizations on the activities of the Institute;
– Close and mutually beneficial cooperation with law enforcement agencies, human rights organizations, foreign embassies;
– Organization and conductiong of scientific, scientific-practical conferences both of national and international level; roundtables; forums; workshops; meetings of scientists club “Akademik” KazHLU etc.
Address: Astana, Korgalzhyn highway, 8,office 606
Telephone: 8 (7172) 70-30-03 (ext.1009)